In our opening year we will be working to establish One Hundred Shoreditch as a fully sustainable building. This includes becoming an official partner of Considerate Group (B-Corp Certified) to ensure our operational procedures and systems have been audited and are monitored with formal reporting. This will include the tracking and reporting of all energy and water consumption plus waste and carbon output. We are additionally in the process of applying for a BREEAM In-Use certification to drive continuous sustainable improvements. One Hundred Shoreditch is an official member of the Heart of the City program and is committed to doing well by doing good.
As a community centric property, we have committed to reducing our carbon emissions by 66% by 2030 and 90% by 2050 across our business and are working with our teams, partners and guests to meet the challenges ahead. One Hundred Shoreditch operates with 100% renewable electricity.
While we commit to all 17 UNSDGs, Lore Group have chosen to champion specific goals to support the value proposition of our strategy:
- Good health & well-being
- Quality education
- Decent work & economic growth
- Sustainable cities & communities
- Responsible consumption & production
Responsible Business Initiatives
- Electricity consumption is fully renewable
- Digital Check-in/out automations
- Digital key
- Recyclable collateral
- Recyclable waste solution including paper, glass, hardware, batteries, toners, food waste and cardboard
- LED lighting throughout guest facing areas
- Energy and water management in-room system control
- Earth card linen cleaning options
- DS & Durga bathroom amenities in glass dispensers
- Pure Water Fountains – still and sparkling
- Amenities single-use plastic-free
- Press Reader digital reading materials (App)
- Green cleaning solution (Innuscience)
- Digital menus
- Sustainable laundry solution
- Local suppliers for food and beverage
This Project has been led by Jacu Strauss, Creative director for Lore Group and his team. They see themselves as custodians of our properties and for all projects spend time understanding the context of the built environment and its relationship to the neighbourhood.
They are always sympathetic to the original design and curate what is beautiful about the original property and how it connects to the local community. Taking the time to understand and appreciate the beauty and bones of each location and then revealing this to new audiences, gives new life to these built environments.
One Hundred Shoreditch has local history, and the community are attached to various aspects of this, the team wanted to respect rather than change this in the next evolution for the hotel. We see this in continuing themes throughout the experience, from the creation of a campus of buildings that are more in rhythm with the architecture of the street to the enhancement of the panelling, flooring and various fittings throughout our hotel.
- All existing doors and timber floors have been restored
- Our beautiful new oriel windows allow the rooms to be naturally aired.
- Our roof and all terraces received a full thermal insulation upgrade.
- Our guest room and all public areas water chilling (HVRF) systems was fully replaced with an energy efficient solution.
- Our Chilled water mains and pump has been changed to an energy saving option with inverter controls
- Our air management system (MVHR) was fully replaced with an energy efficient solution
- Our water temperature consistency system (trace heating) has been fully replaced with an energy efficient solution
- Our 7th floor kitchen has been fully converted from gas to equipment that relies fully on renewable electric energy and all kitchens have had energy efficient equipment upgrades
- A new, fully automated BMS system installation including inverters for energy management has been installed
- All existing air handling units have been refurbished to allow more efficient motors and heating cores, lowering energy requirements
- Our water system has been fully upgraded to an energy efficient condenser system
- All halogen bulbs have been upgraded to LED lamps reducing energy consumption and regular waste
- Our Farrers coffee and tea bags are 100% biodegradable with compostable wrapping
- Our Moostix milk selection including oat and UHT milk are Red Tractor and BRC food certified. They have reduced plastic by 20% and wrapping by 50% and continue to work on making this option 100% plastic free
- Our grooming and vanity products are fully compostable and biodegradable
- We have introduced DS & Durga glass dispensers for all your shower amenity requirements
- All in-room collateral is fully recyclable and biodegradable
E covers all responsible business actions specifically related to environmental sustainability including how we purchase, manage, track and recycle all our consumption from food to energy.
S covers all our commitments to our team, guests and community
G is for how we bring this all together and ensure we formalise, track, train, communicate and improve all that we are doing so we can truly demonstrate our commitments
Our ESG strategy is compliant with all United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. One Hundred Shoreditch partners with Clifton Healthcare, a health and safety provider that adhering to guidelines in ISO31000 for Risk Management; ISO22000 for Food Health and Safety and ISO 45000 for Occupational Health and Safety.
Should you have any questions or suggestions based on the information on this page, please do feel free to get in touch below.